A Tele-Education Assisted Mentoring of Surgery Course
Saturday, February 27, 2021
Learners should choose ONE of the following TWO course times:
Morning Session: 9:00AM – 12:00PM
Afternoon Session: 1:00PM – 4:00PM
V. Suzanne Klimberg, MD, PhD, FACS – Course Co-Chair
Alexander Perez, MD, FACS – Course Co-Chair
Course Registration Fees:
$500 ACS Member | $750 Non-Member
(Note: February 1, 2021 is the deadline for course cancelation due to equipment distribution. After this date registration fees are non-refundable.)
Course Target Audience:
7 hours – 4 hours Online Didactic Course Work | 3 Hours Hands-on Skills Lab
The ACS is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The ACS Division of Education is responsible for maintaining that accreditation status and oversees educational programs across the entire College to ensure that they are planned and executed in compliance with the ACCME Accreditation Criteria and the AMA Credit System Regulations. AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ The American College of Surgeons designates this Other activity (virtual – live and enduring) for a maximum of 7.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This pilot course is designed for general surgeons and breast surgeons who want to learn and adopt oncoplastic surgical techniques. Participants will learn how to perform breast marking to improve scar placement and to hide scars, crescent and round block technique, tissue advancement techniques, Lucci lattice, donut mastopexy, dual planning, and reduction mammoplasty.
During the course, learners will:
- Learn the basics of measurement and marking for cosmetic outcomes • Perform a parallelogram mastopexy
- Perform a crescent excision around the nipple-areola complex
- Perform a donut mastopexy, excising skin around the nipple-areola complex • Practice the technique of suture latticing and tumor bed marking
- Learn the technique of creating fat planes for cosmetic outcomes
- Perform a Wise Pattern Reduction Mammoplasty utilizing local tissue advancement and tissue flaps
- Properly code procedures for optimal billing outcomes.
The course design includes pre-/post course self-assessment, online learning modules, and tele education assisted mentored hands-on surgical skills training from expert oncoplastic breast surgeons.